Sunday, September 28, 2008

More on Chinese smart phones

I previously wondered whether the lack of a full-sized keyboard on smart phones would be less of a problem in China than in the western world. So I asked a friend who analyzes the cell phone market and has recently been to China on just such business. He told me that a smart phone with a touch screen is a pretty good match for Chinese. There are two input methods, one more based on picking from a menu and the other on actually drawing the characters. Both seem to work well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sorta think this sorta relates to a thought of mine: Why hasn't the US gone metric?

Why bother, now that we have the technology to cope with imperial?

David Hull said...

Seems I mentioned something to that effect on the other blog ...